Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, I tell you why Steven Spielberg’s version of West Side Story touched me so much. And I talk a number of other topics as well; you can jump to the chapters you’re interested in!
Live video stream: https://youtu.be/mt0J69wjFVs
Welcome to our new patrons:
• Paul, Bartlomiej, David, Mary, Simon, Jelle, Alejandro, The Star Wars Report, Fr. Kirill
• Thanks for increasing your monthly donation: Anthony, Joe,
09:46 🌍 World news:
• Documentary news, Omicron & long Covid
27:55🍿 TV: Why The Book of Boba Fett chapter 6 shows that Disney learned from the past
35:48🍿 Movies: West Side Story 2021 review
• What is the best way to talk with people that don’t share your faith or your values?
1:05:16 📚 Books:
• Story by Robert McKee and Documentary Film: a very short introduction by Patricia Aufderheide
1:08:18 🧪 Science:
• Don’t Forget to Look Up: scientists calculate what it takes to avert collision with a 10 km asteroid
1:10:41 ⚙️ Tech:
•Why I’m interested in a Mac Mini Pro
🍿I hope you will enjoy my future videos and join the community by subscribing!
🎧 Check out my podcasts on FatherRoderick.com or search for ‘Father Roderick’ wherever you get your podcasts!
🙋♂️Join my Patreon community to support my work and get access to my Discord server and to extra podcasts every week: patreon.com/FatherRoderick
I, too, was a big fan of the first West Side Story and was in love with Natalie Wood, who did a lot of good movies in the 1960s (try “Splendor in the Grass” or “Inside Daisy Clover”).
I went into the new West Side Story almost hoping not to like it. By the end, I liked it very much. I felt that the roles were very well cast. I have been comparing the two movies scene-by-scene and can honestly say that I would rank about half of the scenes in one movie a half star above the other and vice versa (all 4.5s and 5s). I would encourage anyone who has not seen West Side Story to see both versions!